Global Management Development Program
What's the role?
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 25,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
We work continuously on living and developing our strong culture. A key in this work is diversity, where the background, experiences, knowledge, language skills and personalities of our employees enrich the company. With us, diversity and an inclusive culture is something we work hard with every day.
Read more about our diversity and inclusion work on the link: https://careers.hilti.com/en/Diversity-Inclusion
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of international projects, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you. The program is split into four main stages of work:
-12 months as an account manager or field engineer in Denmark.
- 3 months on an operational project at the national headquarters in Copenhagen. It could be logistics, HR, finance, marketing or engineering.
- 6 months on a strategic project at regional headquarters in Manchester, GB.
- 3 months on an international project outside the region. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
We want your thirst to learn, courage to challenge and desire to improve things, including yourself
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
Why should you apply?
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
What you need is:
- You’ve recently graduated, or you’re preparing to graduate in 2019, with a Master’s degree or PhD. Your degree is likely to be in business management, finance or engineering, but we’ll consider subjects like economics, politics or international studies if you can prove you have a mind for our business.
- You’ve spent at least three months, in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience, or have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress.
- You’re multilingual – at least fluent in English and at least one other language – and you’ve gained international experience during your work or studies abroad.
- You’re mature and assertive, curious and committed. You’re a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, interested in general management topics, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
As part of your interview process, we’ll take you on a ‘field ride’ to give you a feel for our business and the caliber of our people.
Application deadline: 2nd June 2019. We will continuously review incoming applications.
Interviews: June and July 2019
Assessment Centre: Autumn 2019 outside Denmark.
Tempted to apply or find out more? Go to careers.hilti.com/outperformer-commercial
“I don’t have a sales background and, when I went to my careers fair, most companies only wanted to speak to you if you had the right experience. Hilti were completely open-minded. They were more interested in me than in which degree I was doing.”